BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Little Sinner

I took the boys to the zoo today and about an hour into it, I could tell that Deacon was going to be trouble. Even more trouble than usual, which is an already astounding amount of trouble for any 4 and a half year old boy. So I pulled out the oldest and least effective trick in the book... alas it was the only trick in my book at the moment as it had already been quite a long day. Bribery.

I told the boys that if they would behave sweetly while we were at the zoo and not wander off, I would get them an ice cream cone before we left. Another hour later, despite his best efforts, Deacon was really beginning to give me a  run for my money. By the time we got to the indoor aquariums, I had to remind him that if he kept it up, he would lose his treat. He turned a corner and when I rounded it a few moments later, he was kneeling on the floor next to a large air vent in the wall that was covered by a metal grate. To be honest, it did look a bit like the screen in a confessional. He knelt there for a moment, eyes closed, mumbling in a quiet voice and hands sweetly pressed together at his nose in prayer, as I tried to comprehend what on earth he was up to. When I asked "Deacon, what are you doing?", he popped up, smiled angelically and said, "I'm ready for my ice cream now!"

Where does he get this stuff?! Heaven help us.

0 comments: